Saturday, August 30, 2003

Estes Shelled


He only lasted 2 innings and gave up 5 runs. Bloggers will be eagerly awaiting the excuses Baker has for Estes. Me personally he should just be released. But alot of us have been saying that for months now. But right now it really just needs to be done to get a cancer, who everyone expects to lose when he takes the mound, off of the team.

Let him sign as a FA to be a Cardinal or some other National League team where we can tee off on him a few times a year. Thats the best we can ever hope for Shawn Estes.

"From a confidence standpoint, I feel my stuff is still good, I still feel strong physically," Estes said. "I just hope some things start going my way. If some balls are hit at guys, it turns things around in a hurry."

"I sound like a broken record," Baker said, "but he had good stuff. They sort of pinged him to death. We just came up a couple hits short."

........

"The effort's not the thing," Baker said. "We ran into a hot club."


Always excuses, never Shawn Estes fault. Its official Dusty Baker is the worst manager in the National League.