Thursday, June 17, 2004

I caught this via Throws Like a Girl.

From Dan Patrick interview with Lance Berkman of the Houston Astro's.

DP: What's the toughest ballpark as far as fans heckling you?
LB: Wrigley Field. I'll probably get scalded for saying this, since people like Wrigley because it's nostalgic, but if they blew that place up it wouldn't bother me at all. People think it's a good hitter's park but it really isn't, because they keep the grass about knee-high in the infield and when the wind blows in you can't see. And the temperature's never comfortable -- it's either freezing cold or sweltering hot. It's just a tough place to play.
DP: What about the fans? Do they get on you?
LB: They do indeed.
DP: Give me a sampling.
LB: Well, a lot of what they say can't be repeated in a magazine or otherwise. They're definitely the most vulgar fans in the league.


Ohh come on now. Chicago fans are harmless, and so lovable. They cant possibly be vulgar. Ask Todd Hundley how amusing Cubs fans are when he let them try on his hat at a game. I think he might have us confused with Philly fans.

But I did find this highly amusing.

LB: Sometimes I just step in there and I'll see the first pitch and step out and go, "I have no chance."
DP: Give me the last pitcher you faced where you did that.
LB: Well, Randy Johnson, just about every time. You step in there and you just hope that maybe that day he's not on. But even if he's not it's still pretty unhittable. Kerry Wood can be that way.
DP: How many hits do you have against Randy Johnson?
LB: One.
DP: Did you ask for the ball?
LB: No. I wouldn't dare do that, he might hit me in the neck with the next one.


Ohh man that is too funny, hehe.