Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Kim speaks about his coaching blunder.

"I know he's had a problem with his leg," Kim said. "I'm not making any excuses. I made a very bad call that I felt cost us the game. That's why I apologize to all the Cub fans, the Cubs front office and my teammates."

Asked if his mistake was sending a player with a groin problem, Kim replied: "It wasn't a groin problem. The trainers basically let me know that when he runs straight, he's pretty good. It's something to watch, and so that's what I did. He started out running pretty good, but I'm not going to make an excuse. It was the wrong call."


I have heard a few of these apologies from Kim in the past. Yet he keeps on doing it! Get hit by the stupid stick one too many times? It is like an old comedy bit or something with a guy standing in front of the stove and keeps touching the hot burner. You keep hearing from the kitchen, "Ouch, Ouch, Ouch." He knows it is hot yet like a moron he keeps burning his hand wondering why it is hot. It is a self full filling prophecy. If you keep sending runners on stupid plays your going to get them thrown out. And if you keep touching the hot burner your gonna burn your hand. At some point you have to learn to STOP DOING THAT!

Since Kim will not be fired, how about moving him to 1st base and taking the 1b coach and putting him at 3rd. Let Wendell Kim become the shin guard tote boy.