Friday, December 03, 2004

Just Erase It

I loved the little rant by Smitty at Hoosier Daddy? that I had to reply on my own.

The whole little pissing contest is erased off his site like it never existed. I find it odd that a person complaining about PC ****sticks does not have the same integrity to keep up what he posts. The beauty of the internet is things rarely disappear. My comment to that post is erased and lost as far as I know.

My quick response centered around his scolding me about misspelling a word(I probably have more than one,lol). But for some odd reason a person correcting me on my grammar could not figure out how to spell a word either or understand that you need capital letters when starting a sentence. I know I do not hit the spell checker a lot and I am not very good at punctuation but damn I know to at least capitalize the beginning of a sentence.

If your going to scold someone on grammar you better damn well be perfect on your end. I just don't like the fact he erases the post to prevent himself from looking bad. Have the integrity to keep up what you post no matter how much of a fool it makes you look like. I make a lot of off the wall comments in my beliefs of the way the Cubs should be run. And when looking back at them I slap my forehead thinking did I say that garbage? But I do not act like it never happened.


Update: For the record Smitty sent this e-mail before I wrote this post but I never checked my e-mail.

You're right about the Sloth. I had a few too many that night and
when i read you're comment, it kind of set me off. I was trying to
make light of people (not necessarily you) who resort to name calling
and personal attacks instead of debating the issue at hand. Obviously
in my drunken state, I wasn't too effective. Reading it now (until
your email, I hadn't read it since I wrote it) I came off as one of
the asshats I was attempting to make light of. For that, I apologize.


In light of that I would of never written what I wrote above and the whole matter would of quickly died off into the night. I apologized in return to Smitty and hope this mis-understanding is resolved now. In the end I ended up with the asshat, lol. Now move along nothing to see here!