Tuesday, June 29, 2004

The first snippet of Cubs trade rumors

Hendry's scouts are looking at several setup men that he could eventually seek in trade. If the Cubs fall further behind the Cardinals, that could influence when he makes his move. The Cubs' hope is that they will halt their slide and right the ship.


It's not earth shattering, but what do you expect? I hear the Orioles are entertaining offers for B.J. Ryan and Jorge Julio.

I wouldn't mind the lefty B.J. Ryan who has a 2.08 ERA and 52 SO's in 39 IP.

Forget about any bench or offensive help also.

"I don't know where you could get better bench players than we have," Hendry said, "and there is no reason to consider another starter if all of our starters are healthy. I also like the position players we have."


Without Todd Hollandsworth's heroics this would be the worst bench in baseball. So the best we can look forward to is a setup/bullpen arm? I can hear the collective sound of yawns across the Cub nation.