Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Hawkins says he isn't talking to the media anymore.

"That's it, I'm not talking anymore," Hawkins said Monday. "I've got nothing else to say to the media. That's why I did this [interview]. I'm completely done. Don't hover around my locker. I'm not going to be a guy to talk every day like Joe [Borowski]. I'm not talking. I just want to do my job and go home."

Awww can't handle the pressure of the spotlight? How the hell you going to close games when all eyes are on you? Ohhh thats right the last year Hawkins was a closer he had a 5.96 ERA.

I hope he is just being a baby, and this isn't a sign of things to come. Ohh but it gets even better, with a little bit of "I am better than you," speech.

"It doesn't matter what happens in the ninth, as long as you don't give up the lead. I don't care who's sitting on the edge of their seat, I'm not going to apologize for putting you on the edge of your seat like [White Sox closer Billy] Koch did a couple of weeks ago. I'm not going to apologize for that, because I can do what you guys can do, [but] you can't do what I do."

Get that philosophy? I can comment and make questions just like the stupid reporters and if you stupid reporters cant pitch 93 MPH, then you have no business talking to me. Way to endeer yourself to the fans and the local media.

Hawkins should of just kept his mouth shut and not said a word in an interview where he was saying he would keep his mouth shut. Because now he better damn well be perfect or he is going to get roasted by the fans and the media. Good luck living up to those expectations Hawkins, you just doubled the pressure on yourself.