Saturday, July 17, 2004

Did I not call it? Brendan Harris was showing good plate discipline in the few glimpses we saw of him, and in his last start he had a pretty good AB where he was down 0-2 and came back and worked a walk. I said after that the way Dusty rewards his younger players with good performances is by not playing them anymore. I said that was the last time we will see Harris in a Cubs uniform this season, hell maybe ever, lol.

With the status of Mark Prior unknown, the Cubs went to a 12-man pitching staff Friday when they took long reliever Todd Wellemeyer off the disabled list, where he has been since May 22 with a strained shoulder. They sent infielder Brendan Harris back to Iowa.


Yep, can't have Brendan Harris showing up the lousy veterans. Better send him down before he gets his batting average too high. Gee I wonder what uniform Harris will be wearing next season, Expo's? Mariner's? Diamonback's?

I know, I am being sarcastic, but I have Dusty's mentality down pat. It is a crime Harris is being sent down and Rey Rey continues to reside on this roster. We deserve to continue losing with the baseball decisions being made by Hendry and Baker.