Tuesday, July 20, 2004

I need to bask in my glory now. In my Cubs Pundit Roto League I am currently tied for first. Me and Am-Ram for President have been going back and forth with the lead for most of the season. I thought I was going to have a really strong pitching staff and weak hitting. In reality it has turned out to be the opposite. To start the year I had Kevin Brown, Tim Hudson, Matt Morris, Mark Prior, Brandon Webb and Jose Contreras for the starting staff. Pretty good ehh? Morris left via trade, Webb can't get W's, Contreras was never consistent, Prior got injured, Kevin Brown and Hudson are currently on extended DL stints!

So my starting staff is pieced together with Dontrelle Willis via trade, Oliver Perez from the waiver wire, and Dewon Brazelton pitching from Tampa Bay. He was the 3rd over all pick behind Mark Prior and Joe Mauer. Brad Lidge and Francisco Rodriguez have held my staff together posting saves and holds and striking out 155 batters in 100 innings.

The offensive side I tried to concentrate on by sending J.D. Drew and Magglio Ordonez for Carlos Beltran and then later sending Beltran, Choi, Figgins and Morris for Bonds, Sweeney, Green and Woody Williams. Bonds has helped my offense alot and is keeping me up in alot of categories by himself alone.

View Fme ume ume ume ume ume ume ume ueague I am in and it is a head to head league. I am currently 10.5 games in first place. I mostly credit an OF that consists of Bobby Abreau, Carlos Beltran, Vernon Wells and Ichiro Suzuki to carry my offensive load. Other notables are Nomar Garciaparra, Chone Figgins, Victor Martinez, Jose Vidro, Jorge Posada and Scott Podesdnick who have played alot on my team.

Lidge and Francisco Rodriguez again carry my pitching staff with Matt Morris and Tom Glavine.

Why I am posting this? Well when your up, you run your mouth. When your down you keep it shut. I just want bragging rights at the end of the year, hehe!