Monday, September 20, 2004

Destroyed

Oh last week I mentioned the on going investigation on whether the documents used by CBS news were forgies or not and to see how this whole tale would end.

Well CBS is fessing up, finally admitting the documents are fake after nearly every expery in the country told them this glaring little fact. Bill Burkett a long time anti-Bush basher/hater has been outed as CBS new's source of the documents. CBS will be addressing this on the CBS evening news, in which I am sure Dan Rather is deeply upset about.

"We made a mistake in judgment, and for that I am sorry," he said. "It was an error that was made, however, in good faith and in the spirit of trying to carry on a CBS News tradition of investigative reporting without fear or favoritism."


I know when people are blowing smoke up my ass. And that is what Dan Rather tried to do to the entire American public.

Compare for yourself. I am no document expert but I called bullsh*t as soon as I saw the side by side comparision. Yet people with decades of experience in journalism and investigative reporting didn't see the obvious mistakes. When your so blinded by the hatred of Bush you will believe anything. And CBS saw something too good to be true, and ran with it.

Saying you were duped by Burkett is not your get out of jail free card. Nothing short of Dan Rather being fired or resigning along with a major reshuffling of CBS news is demanded in this situation. They didn't investigate a damn thing, they tried there best to make the lie work.

Oh yeah a Cubs related point. Still not impressed with our winning 8 out of 10 games. Beating the Expo's, Milwaukee, and the Reds is nothing to write home about. Like I said we will still probably make the playoff's, but we will be bounced in the first round. I want to see this team start beating actual playoff teams. We havent seen that in a very long time.