Friday, October 15, 2004

Best Movie of the Year

Just a quick plug of a movie.

I am a sucker for a good sports movie. Miracle (about the 1980 Olympic Hockey Team) and The Rookie (about a 30+ year old pitcher making the majors) were good movies. But they do not hold a candle to Friday Night Lights.

If one movie lives up to the hype this year it is Friday Night Lights, the action is intense with some of the hardest and most crushing tackles I have ever seen. But at the same time it has a real story. This is the movie Varisty Blues with James Vanderbeek wanted to be but failed miserably at.

I dont normally do movie reviews but I was totally blown away by this movie. I expected good, but not great. If you do go see it, listen to the audience members during the championship game. See if people are yelling and screaming like they are really at the game. It felt like a football stadium in my theater, hell I even caught myself a few times blurting out things at the screen like the rest of them. To me that is the sign of a great movie, when the audience is caught up in it emotionally. Go see this movie!