Thursday, November 04, 2004

Holy Trinity

I find this silly, but I thought A-rod to NYY was silly also....

As for Garciaparra, a report in the New York Daily News quoted a "friend" as saying he would be willing to sign with the Yankees and move to second base so he could play with the other two major shortstops, Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez.


Ummmm how bout the Cubs sign Renteria and Nomar then? Any other team and I would just dismiss it. But I don't put it out of the realm of possibility when the Yankees are involved.

The article also mentions the Cubs showing interest in Troy Percival. I have mixed feelings about Percival as he is 35, and has experienced arm troubles the last few years. My feeling is the Cubs will throw a ton of money at him and then watch him spend half the year on the DL. There is only one closer on the Market that can be counted on to be reasonably reliable, and that is Armando Benetiz.