Thursday, June 03, 2004

A Patterson Predicition



Ivy Chat is probably one of my favorite blogs to read. Even if he thinks I am out of my mind sometimes. I just wish he would write more, lol.

I want to get one thing straight. I am not happy with Pattersons play as of right now. I think he is being over agressive at the plate trying to live up to what he did last year.

However I will give Patterson the benefit of the doubt based on age and lack of MLB experience. On top of that I see enough good in his game to give him that. Others dont see it that way, that is just my perspective.

So I am going to go out on a limb like I did with my Brewers prediction. They are still holding firm at around .500 when most experts said they would be the worst team in baseball. Though I secretly thought the Reds would be the worst team in baseball, HA shows what I know.

By the time this year is out, if he remains a starter, will raise his average to .280+ have 20 HR's, and knock in 60 RBI. His walk totals will be around 50 for the year and he will probably punch out 132 times. If he can do that and continue to increase his walk totals year to year by age 27 he will be a very good player.

But I will agree with Ivy Chat, and it is extremly hard to argue against the present facts. But right now Patterson is not a very good player. I just see better for him down the road. And I certainly hope other teams do as well if Hendry is secretly shopping him to the likes of K.C. because they need to see something positive for the future to even consider a deal like that. But I believe Hendry, when he says he isnt trading Patterson. I also think it will be a monumental failure to not get Beltran.