Wednesday, June 30, 2004

A small conversation started up last week on The Cub Reporter about getting Nomar Garciaparra. I didn't realistically think it would be possible.

Now I am not so sure. I was listening to ESPN and they quoted Epstein I believe saying, "they might need to make a change just to make a change." I quickly looked over some Boston blogs and the local Boston media but couldn't find any quote along those lines.

Anyways they were discussing that Nomar Garciaparra is the only player they can really get some return value for, and he may be on his way out of Boston.

I am still skeptical that Boston would trade him. But my interest is perked now. I have no idea what we could offer, but maybe our scouts were looking at Nomar to see if he could help us down the stretch after his most recent injury.

We can only pray can't we Chuck? lol.