Saturday, July 31, 2004

Cant Wait

I just have to put up the picture again, hopefully to be replaced with him decked out in full Cubs attire tomorrow.


Nomar a Cub! Posted by Hello

I just have to say Nomar Garciaparra has been one of my favorite players in all of baseball. It is no surprise that Ted Williams himself loved to watch Nomar hit. The reason is Nomar is a professional hitter, year in and year out he simply hits. So it is no wonder one of the greatest pure hitters enjoyed watching him.

Mark Grace is and always will be one of my favorite Cubs. I respected his game of singles and doubles and hitting for average and not striking out. I always thought Mark Grace's best trait was being one of the harder batters to strike out. To me that is the sign of a true and proffesional hitter. So now that Nomar is a Cub, he instantly becomes my favorite player on this team.

Here is hoping for the debut of Nomar tomorrow and Maddux's 300th victory. Let's work on that Wild Card and if the Cards slip up, let's just steal the division away also.