Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Speaking of sore losers. I think it is official, the pressure of being the favorites has become a burden to great for this team to handle. So imagine my surprise with the Cubs up 8-1, I dozed off thinking ok we got this in the bag. Only to wake up later and check the final score that we had lost 11-8!

Judging by what went on with our great closer Latroy Hawkins I think it was best I was in a deep coma. I probably would of been firing remote controls through my TV.

Cubs reliever LaTroy Hawkins, who gave up Pujols' go-ahead homer, was ejected after he started yelling at Tschida as he walked toward the dugout in the middle of the ninth.


So is this how the 2004 Cubs are gonna act each time they serve up a go ahead bomb? Just throw at the next batter or start argueing with the Umpire to get ejected? This team has completly lost it's mind and Dusty needs to start cracking the whip. He has lost control of his team at this point.

Note: I think what I am trying to say is you can lose with class and dignity or lose like the Cubs have the last few days. Pout, moan, bitch, gripe, blame, everyone but themselves.