Thursday, July 01, 2004

For a game recap of todays 5-4 win check out And Another Thing! The power of the Tomato is truely a sight to behold, it can even help Rey Ordonez.

But I like the quote from his friend about Carlos Beltran.


Do you understand now about Beltran? He is immensely talented and has a flair for the dramatic (or "clutch," if you must). This is why I so desperately wanted the Cubs to go after him. Beltran has already talked about how much he likes it in Houston; I would not be at all surprised to see him stay there if he finishes the year there. If he does in fact go on the FA market, I hope the Cubs go after him in a big way. And you haven't even seen what he can do on defense yet - he's the best I've seen going back on the ball since, well, since Willie Mays.


Beltran truly is a rare breed of player. I think he has proven that in his short stay in Houston. I like C-pat, but I WANT Beltran! Impact players are hard as hell to get.