Sunday, August 22, 2004

Throwin It Away

I am still not ready to believe in any win streaks this team puts up against sub .500 teams. On that note this is what Hawkins had to say after the loss.

"We're playing good baseball," Hawkins said. "You can't let one win, I mean one loss, set you back. We've played too well to let this one loss get us down."


Did I miss our long winning streak? Did I miss us taking it to the Wild Card teams and extending our lead in the wild card race? So playing good baseball is taking 2 from Milwaukee and 1 from Houston? I think I need a bit more than the last few games to start saying we are playing good baseball. Especially after the dismal performance by Hawkins.

But Baker keeps think the dominate streak is coming from the Cubs.

"That's OK," Baker said. "We'll get over the hump. Just keep playing."


40 Games left, time is running out.